Saturday 3 October 2015

Yatsuhigata I

The sky was very dull and grey, which wasn't a great day for birding but, anyway, there I was.


It was at low tide and many, many egrets and herons looked happy!
So did cormorants:)

a Great Egret (Daisagiダイサギ)

a Grey Heron (Aosagiアオサギ)

Black-winged Stilts (Seitakashigiセイタカシギ)


long legs!

A Black-tailed Gull (Uminekoウミネコ) flew towards me and landed only a few yards away from me.
Not to say hello to me but to find something on the pebble.
How on earth did you spot it from miles away?
He took the crab and dipped it in the water.

salty flavouring?


At the lowerst tide, the mudflats look totally different and rather deserted.

Huge numbers of Cormorants (Kawauカワウ) were chilling out with a couple of Grey Herons and Black-tailed Gulls:)




I went to the observatory to check the sighting board and to wait for the tide to come in.
He was the one who pleased me while I was having a cup of coffee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment