Monday 11 November 2013

Watauchi Ike at Chiba Koen

Wintering birds, such as ducks and gulls, have arrived in Watauchi Ike, which is only 5 minute walk from Chiba station.

Black-headed Gulls (Yurikamomeユリカモメ) are wintering birds in Chiba. Great Egrets (Daisagiダイサギ) and Little Egrets (Kosagiコサギ), on the other hand, are resident.

very well behaved:)

or not...? lol

I noticed his leg. Poor thing...

Tufted Ducks (Kinkurohajiroキンクロハジロ) have a somewhat comical expression:)

Pochards (Hoshihajiroホシハジロ) must have thought I was going to give them some food but sorry!

Is it a competition?!

Don't look at me in that way! I feel guilty!

A White Wagtail (Hakusekireiハクセキレイ) was on the board-walk.

When I was about to head back,
she flew past just in front of me! Thanks, Mrs Kingfisher (Kawasemiカワセミ):) 

The birds I saw over half an hour were: 30 Tufties, 15 Pochards, 45 Black-headed Gulls, 30+Brown-eared Bulbuls, 5 Oriental Greenfinches, 2 Grey-faced Buntings, 2 Little Egrets, 1 Great Egret, 2 White Wagtails, 1 Kingfisher, 15 Tree Sparrows, 8 Thick-billed Crows, 3 Carrion Crows, 2 Domestic Geese and 30+ Feral Pigeons, which I don't think was bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment